Domain VI : Enrichment of Research Functions
Long-term Goals (2010-2020)
To establish the university as one of the best research bases in Asia and to enhance and reinforce its research environment where the undergraduate and graduate students alike can learn advanced knowledge in the fields of health, medical care, social welfare, and sports.
- For all the teaching staff to engage in research actively and present their results in various forms internationally.
- To reexamine the research environment of the university and to increase the number of applications for and acquisitions of external research funds.
- To train young researchers and to develop logical thinking and problem-solving skills of the under- and post-graduate students.
- To develop and reinforce community-based research systems.
Mid-term Goals & Plans (2014-2017)
- Organizational and strategic reinforcement of the international research system
1) To plan and execute concrete strategies to become an outstanding research base in Asia under the direction of the Research Strategy Committee.
2) To consider an organizational framework to increase opportunities for the university to present its research results internationally.
3) To further promote activities of the Institute for Human Movement and Medical Science.
- Preparing and enhancing the research environment
1) To install the equipment and devices approved by the Education and Research Apparatus Selection Committee.
2) To implement concrete measures to raise the application and adoption rates of Grants-in-Aid for scientific research.
3) To discuss further improvement of the research environment of the graduate school based on the educational contents and research results, and to enhance the research environment for the teaching staff and graduate students including setting up a joint research room (rental laboratories), etc.
4) To improve the learning and research environment for graduate students from abroad.
- Fostering researchers
1) To foster potential teaching personnel by recommending them for the post graduate courses so they could improve their logical thinking and problem solving skills and their overall research capabilities.
- I Campus Development
- II Enhanced Provision of Entrance Exam Information
- III Enrichment of Education
- IV Promotion of Student Support
- V Securing Staff Resources and Faculty Development
- VI Enrichment of Research Functions
- VII Supporting the Alumni Association and Lifelong Learning
- VIII Promotion of the Collaboration with Local Communities, Industries, and Governments
- IX Promotion of International Academic Exchanges
- X Reform of Organization Management and Staff Development