Domain VIII: Promotion of the Collaboration with Local Communities, Industries, and Governments
Long-term Goals (2010-2020)
To enhance and strengthen the system of promoting regional collaboration in the fields of health, medical care, social welfare, and sports to foster highly skilled QOL supporters and, by so doing, to establish ourselves as an attractive university.
- To enrich educational contents of the university and hence foster students' expertise and skills in logical thinking, teamwork, leadership, communication to motivate their clients, problem-solving, and self-realization, in collaboration with local communities, industries, and governments.
- To expand collaborative agreements with industries and governments.
- To expand and develop satellite bases for collaboration in and out of the prefecture.
- To establish a research system to collaborate with local communities, industries, and governments.
- To establish an intramural system to promote collaboration with local communities, industries, and governments.
Mid-term Goals & Plans (2014-2017)
- Promoting agreements on collaboration with local communities, industries and governments
1) To promote the conclusion of collaborative agreements with prefectures, cities, towns, villages, industries, and regional societies.
2) To promote the utilization of such systems as joint research and consignment study (R&D) in order to solve administrative and regional problems.
- Expanding and reinforcing satellite bases in and out of the region
1) To set up satellite campuses in the center of Niigata City and other places in the prefecture.
2) To promote community revitalization projects continuously based on the satellite campuses in collaboration with local organizations and then utilize the results to improve student learning.
- Responding to various needs of communities and occupational fields for lifelong learning
1) To respond to various needs for lifelong learning by continuously and expansively holding extension courses, dispatch lectures, study sessions, etc. and utilize our university's unique characteristics and education/research background in the fields of health, medical care, social welfare, and sports.
2) To strengthen the provision of information in and out of the country about our activities contributing to the communities.
- Developing organizational infrastructure to promote collaboration with communities, industries and governments
1) To promote the establishment of organizations for collaboration with communities, industries and governments.
2) To enhance systems that assist research to promote collaboration with communities, industries and governments.
3) To explore the possibilities of collaboration with industries and governments that makes the most of our university's properties, and to develop the infrastructure to realize it.
- Enhancing and reinforcing the university's secretariat system
1) To enhance and reinforce the university's secretariat system in order to promote collaboration with various communities, industries, and governments.
- I Campus Development
- II Enhanced Provision of Entrance Exam Information
- III Enrichment of Education
- IV Promotion of Student Support
- V Securing Staff Resources and Faculty Development
- VI Enrichment of Research Functions
- VII Supporting the Alumni Association and Lifelong Learning
- VIII Promotion of the Collaboration with Local Communities, Industries, and Governments
- IX Promotion of International Academic Exchanges
- X Reform of Organization Management and Staff Development