Domain IX : Promotion of International Academic Exchanges
Long-term Goals (2010-2020)
To develop and enhance the necessary systems and environment in order to foster human resources who can be successful on a global scale in the fields of health, medical care, social welfare, and sports and, by so doing, to establish ourselves as one of the main international exchange bases in Asia.
- To enhance the skills in communication and ability to cope with internationalization of our students and faculty members and, by so doing, to internationalize the university.
- To establish ourselves as an international exchange base through our international contribution and cooperation as well as by fostering human resources and promoting academic/educational exchanges in the fields of health, medical care, social welfare and sports.
Mid-term Goals & Plans (2014-2017)
- Institutionally and strategically enhancing international exchanges toward globalization
1) To prioritize regions for international exchange agreements toward globalization.
2) To expand the contents of the current exchange agreements strategically.
3) To seek new universities strategically for the conclusion of other exchange agreements.
4) To examine the framework to become an Asia base for creating new employment and fostering human resources.
- Expanding opportunities for the students to experience the world
1) To expand overseas study programs for students, including the possibilities of the accreditation.
2) To systematically develop proficiency in foreign languages (e.g. English) of the students who would participate in overseas study programs.
3) To establish the secretariat system to support the overseas study programs for students.
- Strengthening the faculty's international communicatively and ability to cope with internationalization
1) To increase opportunities for domestic and overseas seminars for the faculty members in order to develop their proficiency in English.
- Becoming one of the most important bases for human resource development in Asia in the fields of health, medical care, social welfare, and sports
1) To establish policies for accepting international students from Asian countries in order to become an outstanding university in Asia.
2) To examine and develop a system of accepting international students.
- Promoting global contribution activities
1) To improve the contents of the university's web-page in English.
2) To promote international cooperation projects such as JICA.
- I Campus Development
- II Enhanced Provision of Entrance Exam Information
- III Enrichment of Education
- IV Promotion of Student Support
- V Securing Staff Resources and Faculty Development
- VI Enrichment of Research Functions
- VII Supporting the Alumni Association and Lifelong Learning
- VIII Promotion of the Collaboration with Local Communities, Industries, and Governments
- IX Promotion of International Academic Exchanges
- X Reform of Organization Management and Staff Development