Project Center for Research
Aqua-Health Promotion Project Research Center
The aim of this research center is to develop software for exercise guidance in swimming and water exercise for revitalizing local communities. The major topic of research is as follows:
- Metabolic profile of moderate-intensity interval swimming
- Effects of water immersion on short- and long-latency afferent inhibition
Center for Research of Inter-Professional Education
The mission of the university is "training QOL (quality of life) supporters" who will help promote the QOL of care recipients. Cooperative skills, with the purpose of enhancing close collaboration among medical and welfare professionals are required. This center is focusing on the development of "Inter-professional education (IPE)"
Robot Suit Project Research Center
The center is conducting research on:
- The practical use of Robot Suits as a welfare device
- The use of Robot Suits in the field of education
- The use of Robot Suits as a walking assist device
Musculoskeletal Function Research Center
In the musculoskeletal function research center, we are performing animal experiments to examine the effects of exercise, nutrition, and physical therapy on the musculoskeletal function. The evidence obtained from our research is expected to lead to more effective prescriptions for health promotion.
Athlete Support Project Center
The Athlete Support Project Center aims at the inclusive support of athletes in this university, including medical and physical therapies, athletic training, strength & conditioning, nutrition, and psychology.
The themes of this center are:
- Improvement of the competitive abilities
- Prevention of injuries and conditioning
- First aid treatment for injuries
- Education of the students
Speech and Language Development Center
The center holds the following as its main themes:
- Vocabulary abilities of children with delayed language development
This study has been designed to investigate vocabulary abilities of children with delayed language development by focusing on the quantity and the quality of their vocabulary.
- Training of kana character acquisition for children with delayed language development
This study has been organized to develop a method of acquiring kana characters as well as to investigate the processes of oral reading and reading comprehension of kana characters in the case of children with language disorders.
- Processes of behavioral changes in children with hyperactivity
It is difficult to estimate the degree of hyperactivity using a standardized test. Therefore, it is necessary to use classification criteria to diagnose the behavior of hyperactive children. This study aims to develop a checklist that will serve as classification criteria that enables an objective analysis of the behavior of hyperactive children.
Research Center for Locomotive Syndrome Prevention
This center focuses on the following themes:
- Prevention of the locomotive syndrome (musculoskeletal) for community - house elderly (muscles and bones)
- Improvement and/or prevention of chronic musculoskeletal pains in occupational health fields and investigation of the factors related to the pains in the lower back, knee and shoulder
- Development of the program for fall prevention and intervention studies.
Center for Health Economics and QOL Research (CHEQOL)
CHEQOL undertakes projects in the field of health economics and outcomes research to aid healthcare decision making. We also develop and maintain a research database of QOL assessment and help train the next generation of researchers.